Selecting files for upload
In order to select files for upload (transfer from a local to remote computer) you have to do the following:
- Connect to a remote site. Locate the file folder to which you want to upload files. You do it by expanding branches of the bottom left panel (Remote System).
- Locate the file folder (on your local system) from which you want to upload files. You do it by expanding branches of the top left panel (Local System).
- Click on the Filename of the file that you want to select in the upper right panel - the file name should become highlighted.
- If you want to select more then one consecutive files just press the Shift key and continue clicking on the file names.
- After you have selected the files click on the Upload button . You can also drag-and-drop the selected files onto the Remote System panels (in the bottom of the main window). Or, you can click with right mouse button on the item and select the Upload command from the popup menu (three upload options are available).
- Selected files will be added to the Transfer Manager file list (transfer set). To start transfer click Start, if you want to transfer more files click OK or close Transfer Manager window and go back to step 2 and continue adding files (example: select files from a different file folder).
- Before you start transfer you can save the transfer set for future use. Click on the Save push button in the Transfer Manager. In the future you will be able to load the transfer set from the template (Load push button in the Transfer Manager window). You have to create transfer sets and save them into the templates if you want to define scheduled auto-transfers.
Hint: Selecting files for upload from different folders
After you have selected the files click with righ mouse button on the file selection and click Upload - Add to Transfer Manger command from the popup menu.
Selected files will be added to the Transfer Manager file list (transfer set) but this command will not open the Transfer Manager. You will be able to continue your transfer selection without switching between Transfer Manager and AutoFTP Main windows.
Creating transfer sets, transfer queue