AutoFTP Service Edition allows you to run scheduled transfers as a service process. Service is a background process which is loaded by the Service Control Manager. All services are loaded at bootup, before any user logs in, and are independent of any specific user being logged on at any time.
How to register/unregister and run AutoFTP as Service
- On the View menu, click Install Service. It will install AutoFTP in the Services Control Console/Manager and starts it.
- On the View menu, click UnInstall Service. It will stop running AutoFTP in the Services Control Console/Manager and uninstalls it in one step.
It is also possible to install AutoFTP as a Service by running _inst.bat file (e.g. it could be called on the startup
of the computer). It is also possible to uninstall AutoFTP as a Service by running _uninst.bat
How to use AutoFTP as a service process?
- Use AutoFTP with interface to define and schedule your auto-recurring transfers.
- Use AutoFTP with interface to install/uninstall AutoFTP as a Service. Exit AutoFTP.
- It is possible to create Scheduled Transfers even when AutoFTP Service is running. It is done using AutoFTP with full interface. When AutoFTP Service is running it is important that "Pause Auto Transfers" option is checked (File/Preferences). Otherwise, both AutoFTP Service and AutoFTP Regular versions will try to run the scheduled transfers at the same time. They will also both update the log file.